If the pre-op visit is on a different date than the problem visit and is that far in advance of the surgery, then yes you can bill out an EM code for the visit...the diagnosis code should be for whatever problem the surgery is for...you have to remember what the global period for the surgery would be...i.e. 90-day globals include the day before surgery...so if pre-op is on the day before a 90-day procedure, you would not be able to bill out the EM for it
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join