when billing Medicare as well as most other payers it is
20610 50 with 1 unit of service and the single code charge.
that is if the procedure was performed bilateral, If the procedure was performed say on the right shoulder and right hip then it would be
20610 59 rt
if it was performed on the right hip and the left shoulder it would be
20610 rt link to dx 1
20610 lt link to dx 2
the denial suggests that there is a prior encounter for an injection of the same area within too close a timeframe to the current billed encounter. Is this possible?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join