If your provider is a psychiatrist and not a psychologist, then you can code an E&M visits, but you would need to meet the criteria for a consultation in order to bill such a code. CPT has changes in 2010, but basically, request, opinion and report still apply. Based on what little information you've given, I can't suggest a level of service from an auditing perspective. Is there a detailed history documented? Problem focused exam? Without seeing the entire note, I can't recommend any code, sorry.
If your provider is a psychologist, you'll have to report a diagnostic interview, 90801
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join