Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but yes, the epidural codes, 62310 and 62311, are bundled into the OMT codes. You can not use a modifier to bypass these edits. The epidural injections are in column 2 which means if both codes are reported on the same day by the same provider, only the OMT code will be processed for payment.
OK, don't shoot the messenger but the basis for these edits is "Anesthesia service included in surgical procedure"
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join