I would say this is an Ivor Lewis esophagectomy. I would bill the following:
I do not think 43112 or 43113 are appropriate because the surgeon did not cut into the neck nor reconstruct the colon. I'm not sure I would bill for the bronchoscopy either. If the surgeon performed the bronchoscopy to get a "lay of the land" before proceeding with excision, I would say don't bill for it. The Society of Thoracic Surgeons has repeatedly said you should not bill for a bronchoscopy done with more extensive procedures unless it is clear that no bronchoscopies were done prior.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join