What we have done for our hospital is created a policy for our self pay patients. basically we must charge our patients the same regardless of whether the insurance pays or not. We offer a prompt pay discount, the discount only applies when the patient(s) make the payment in full at the time of service or within 24 hours. This applies to any procedure that is payable by Medicare, Medicaid, BCBSM or any other payer that by law or through contract cannot be discriminated against with regards to charges.
you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions, I hope this has helped.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join