clarifying icd 9 code

1. Default clarifying icd 9 code
    Exam Training Packages
    I work for an anesthesia group which renders services in an outpatient setting I am coding a d & c (58120) however i am perplexed with the icd 9 the doctor used for the dx (thickening of the endometrium) 793.5.

If anyone is familiar with this or can clarify why this code i would appreciate it.

My understanding of this code is that they have had an X-ray or other radiology type procedure, that show's a thickened endometrium (just what the code says), that could be from polyps, fibroids, or any number of other reasons. The D & C will help determine whether something more needs to be done.
    Anna Weaver, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
    Associate Auditor

3. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary1229 View Post
    I work for an anesthesia group which renders services in an outpatient setting I am coding a d & c (58120) however i am perplexed with the icd 9 the doctor used for the dx (thickening of the endometrium) 793.5.

If anyone is familiar with this or can clarify why this code i would appreciate it.
    the correct code for endometrial thickening is 621.30

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:55 AM
  2. Clarifying 64415
    By Kevinph84 in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 06:43 PM
  3. Help clarifying description cpt 96110
    By Lora Cimino in forum Pediatrics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 02:57 PM