Under data points you get 1 point for review and/or order of clinical lab tests.
Whether you order or review one test or 100 you get just 1 point.
If you independently visualize an image, tracing or specimen itself you get 2 points. So if the doctor has personally looked at the specimen under the microscope s/he gets 1 point for ordering the test, and 2 points for personally visualizing it and recording his/her findings.
I would not count your scenario as "review of old records."
Hope that answers your question.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join