Is this a recognized subspeciatly? If so, I would say this is a new patient visit. The originating provider isn't asking for an opinion they are expecting this provider to take over unless the patient decides to continue the pregnancy.
If they decide to have the procedure within 24hrs of the visit you would just add the 57 to the visit. I wouldn't consider this included in the procedure. Now if they schedule the procedure for later on and see them again, that would be included.
Just my opinion,
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join