Welcome to the club! Awesome that you passed your exam. Breaking into this field with no experience can be tough at times. You may need to volunteer your services, or try project Xtern, to get some experience.
Another option is to get your foot in the door at a hospital in another capacity. I hired on as a part time registrar and worked my way up to billing for physician services, then on to hospital outpatient coding. (I did parlay my customer service expereince with a major health insurance company and subsequent hospital billing experience to even get in the door) Persistance pays off. I achieved it in a VERY small rural community, so I would expect that you can do it where you live.
Best of luck to you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join