I don't see it addressed on the NCCI edits...The "Medically Unlikely Edits" doesn't provide a max unit-Under downloads...look in the excel spreedsheet "Practitioner/DME Supplier MUE Table"...
However---Per the AMA...Code 20550 should be reported one time for multiple or single injections to a single tendon sheath, ligament, tendon origin, or tendon insertion performed. Therefore, if three injections are performed into the same tendon sheath, code 20550 should be reported one time. Injections to multiple tendon sheaths, tendon origins, tendon insertion, or ligaments are reported one time for each injection
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join