QS indicates that MAC (monitored anesthesia care) was used, it does not refer to the intraoperative monitoring of the patient, but the level of consciousness the patient reaches. Most anesthesia charge sheets and graphic records have a place which indicates the anesthesia type "General, epidural, spinal, MAC, block" etc. If QS is billed the charge should indicate the anesthesia type as MAC.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join