First, I would not combine anything from separate encounters even if they are on the same day. Code each Sx independently.
Second, I would add the 76 modifier to the codes for the second Sx. If they deny write an appeal explaining the circumstances....If Medicare is the payer you should not have a problem.
Hope this helps.
Michael D. Reyland, CPC, CIRCC
Surgical Specialists of Georgia
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join