Hello fellow coders,
Yet another question regarding the AI modifier - Should it be used on non-Medicare claims?
Our organization is instructing us to use AI on the initial e/m code for the physician of record on all claims, but I've been querying other coders and I've gotten quite a few answers of "Medicare only". Another coder informed me that non-Medicare payers do not accept HCPCS modifiers (eg, AS). Huh?
I'd love to know what other organizations are doing. Does anyone have a definitive (quotable to corporate!) answer?
Thanks in advance,
Pat Kidd, CPC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join