1. This is an office visit, for a new patient with a comprehensive history and physical exam, so the for this range from New Patient 99201â€“99205, being:
99201: problem focused history and PE
99202: expanded problem focused History and PE
99203: detailed history and PE
99204: comprehensive history and PE, moderate medical decision making
99205: comprehensive history and PE, high medical decision making
The correct code will be 99205
2. This is an office visit, new patient but the history and PE is expanded problem focused because the patient have 2 or more conditions but the treatment is straight forward that is why we have to use 99202.
3. This is an office visit, established patient. The codes for established patient range from 99211-99215.
99211: office visit that may not require the presence of a physician
99212: problem focused
99213: expanded problem focused
99214: detailed history
99215: comprehensive history.
the correct code for this case will be 99211 because the nurse was the one who took care of the patient
4. this will be an office visit, established patient (check up), for a examination of healing wound, this will be code 99214
5. this is an established patient that comes for a complete checkup so we will have to use code 99215 that contains a comprehensive history and physical exam.
Is this right? #1 say it is a consultation and #5 is a WCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join