I am having one of those moments where my brain is locked.
I just received a OP report with a denial from the insurance company. The codes billed out by the coder were 58150-62 and 38770-5062, they denied 38770-5062 as being inclusive to 58150. Nothing I can find in CCI, CPT or ACOG bundles this. Am I missing something?
The surgery was done for adenocarcinoma of the endometrium. The procedure included at TAH-BSO and they removed the obturator and iliac lymph nodes bilaterally. No omenectomy, or partial vaginectomy was performed. There was no evidence of extrauterine disease present.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join