Are you certain Medicaid doesn't pay 90935? Since that is an inpatient service, I would check with your Medicaid ombudsman to see why it isn't covered and if your state has a different code it requires for the service. In regard to charging subsequent visits for the dialysis days, that will depend on the documentation done by the physician. Some nephrologists only document that they saw the pt and general remarks regarding the HD when they see the pt on dialysis which do not meet the requirements of a subsequent visit. Others document the 2 out of 3 elements required for an e/m, in which case you could bill the subsequent visit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join