As a payer here in Abu Dhabi, UAE we do collect deductible for all types of Consultation whether it is emergency or not.
My question is, if the provider billed two Emergency E&M wherein from the first E&M we already collected the deductible and since there is no follow up for emergency, is it right to collect another deductible for the second emergency visit?
Please note that the patient is complaining for the same problem, visited on the same day with four hours gap.
Does it matter if the patient was seen by a different emergency doctor?
Thank you very much!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join