I would bill 30520 for the septoplasty and 30130 - 50.
30130 can be reported separately with septoplasty when the physician documents the inferior turbinates, versus middle turbinates or superior turbinates.
And I would use the 30130 - not the 30140 - because not enough documentation. According to CPT Assistant Dec 2004: "When reporting code 30140, the documentation in the operative note should reflect that the physician entered/incised the mucosa and, for the most part, preserved it. The simple statement "excised the turbinate(s)" is often not enough documentation to reflect that the submucous resection of the inferior turbinate was performed. Coders may need to ask the physician for the specific technique performed."
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join