i would check to see if he dictated that he made an incision. If so then you technically can code for an open internal fixation if he needed to make an incision to place the screws and I would us ea code for the distal tib/fib like maybe 27814, hard to say without the films and the exact place of the fracture. but it sounds more like an ankle fracture. I would probably ask the MD to find out exactly where. Sorry wish I could be more help.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join