AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Annual with no pap

Default Annual with no pap

AAPC: Back to School
    If the appropriate code in this case for an annual is 99395, what do I bill if there is an annual with no pap? Thanks!

Charlotte North Carolina Chapter

I'm a coder in training and takking a wild guess! Would the code fall under Counseling Risk Factor Reduction and Behavior Change Intervention for New or Established Patient - codes 99401 thru 99404 depending on the face to face time?

St. Cloud, MN

I don't know for certain, but would you not use the age appropriate H&P but use the dx for routine general exam instead of routine gyno. exam. I don't have my books but that is what I do.

Greeley, Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by cynannthomas View Post
    If the appropriate code in this case for an annual is 99395, what do I bill if there is an annual with no pap? Thanks!
    If the patient had a routine preventive visit (99395) including a breast and pelvic exam but no pap, the dx code would be V72.31 (general GYN exam with or without pap). If no pelvic exam you would use V70.0.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Similar Threads

1. woman annual exam with pap
    By raynas613 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 05:05 AM
  2. annual pap/follow up to abnormal
    By astough in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 07:30 PM
  3. Annual Visit w/Pap
    By Kathy615 in forum Medicare Regulations