I don't know the particular's, but look in your cpt book Under Evaluaion and
Management section. "Office or Outpatient Service". Look at cpt code 99201
at the bottom of the description where the sentence starts out as "Usually"
the presenting problem(s) are self limited to minor. Physicians typically spend 10 minutes face to face with the patient (here's the catch) and/or family.
Meaning or family, that the patient was not present be careful because
some of the codes say patient and/or family's needs. Choose the E/M codes
that the physician had the discussion with the family only not the family's needs. There's also a few code choices under the E/M section Establised Patient. Let me know what you find.
Dbryant, M.A., CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join