Of course depending on the doctor's notes, I think I would code each separately. 296.5 states for "...most recent episode (or current) depressed" (not depression). I think there is a difference in being depressed (possibly just an acute situation) and having depression (usually requiring more intense/prolonged treatment). This is just my thoughts but maybe someone else has a different opinion or more knowledge in this area. Good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join