Does using modifier 58 or 78 effect the global period calculation?
Example: Patient has an open fracture procedure (27244) with 90 global period on 9/9/09, then has subsequent related surgeries for I&D of abscess (27301) or secondary closure (13160) that have 90 day global periods, but were billed with either 58 or 78 modifiers. Which service do I use to determine when patient is out of global period?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join