No it is correct as listed by the first coder. The V30.x is first listed only, it does not say the baby is born well it says the baby is born alive. Then you put any sick codes secondary, think of it this way, the baby must be born before it can be sick. You should appeal. This is assuming this is the birth admission and not a readmission for a sick baby. But you do need to have a different claim for the baby it cannot be billed on the same claim with moms charges.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join