AAPC - Back to school

Thread: push enteroscopy with coagulation

Question push enteroscopy with coagulation

AAPC: Back to School
    Please advise:

How would you code push entersocopy to small bowel (proximal) with multiple arteriovenous malformations. They were treated with argon plasma coagulation.

I would use 44369 enteroscopy s/ablation not amenable by hot bx, snare ect and dx 747.61. Unless your doctor was doing this to control bleeding, then cpt would be 44366. Hope this helps.

Default Check dx code

The 747.61 is a congenital dx code, do you know that this is congenital? Is it in the patient's hx? The code I've found to use for this is 537.82-Angiodysplasia of stomach and duodenum w/o bleeding....537.83 w/bleeding...

Wink Question Solved

Thanks you guys for all of your help! I was looking in that direction and I just needed that clarification!

Thankful coder,

Similar Threads

1. Push enteroscopy with tattoo
    By bbeatty in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 01:49 PM
  2. coagulation disorders
    By joeydale in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 09:32 AM
  3. coagulation days after debridement
    By heathermc in forum General Surgery