if the physician performed the capsulorrhaphy to repair the slap repair, then BCBS is correct and it would be bundled. I have had cases where the physician repaired the slap (29807) and also performed (29806) for a separate reason and have got paid. In this case it just sounds like he is performing the capsulorrhaphy to repair the injury. I would bill 29806 & 29826.
Just my opinion though.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join