How fast a coder are you for these specialties?
If it takes you an hour to code an orthopaedic op report you'd be making $8.00 per hour. If you can do 4 in an hour you'd be making $32.00 per hour.
NOTE: If you are a "contractor" in this scenario you will be responsible for ALL the social security taxes (about 15% I think), as well as state and federal income taxes.
Know what you're getting into before you jump in.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join