Indeed, you will bill it exactly as you have stated with the -59 modifier appended to the 70544.
Beware, you will more than likely have to appeal this on paper since many carriers automatically deny the second study (incorrectly).
I worked for a Radiology billing company for quite some time and this was the main denial set. After a while, when we first submitted these charges, we automatically made the copies so that we would not have to track it down later on. As soon as the denial hit, we popped a stamp on the envelope and off it went.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join