The Beck Factor is actually a measurement of the depression associated with chronic pain.
This is just a tiny excerpt from an article defining the Beck Factor Inventory:
"The Beck Depression Inventory (BDI) is widely used to assess depression in chronic pain despite doubts about its structure and therefore its interpretation. This study used a large sample of 1947 patients entering chronic pain management to establish the structure of the BD."
To read more about The Beck Factor, you can google it - there are lots of interesting articles on it.
As for coding, I would just code the chronic pain and the associated depression as long as your doc is documenting this.
Have a great day!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join