It depends on if this is a subsequent hospital visit or initial/consult. Because of the comp history, I'll assume that it is an initial/consult. If it is an initial, your option is to bill based upon time or 99499 (unlisted E&M code) or use 99231-99233 (using 2 of 3 for history/mdm). If it is a consult, your option is 99251 (one exam was done) or to bill based upon time.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join