Medicare's 1995 documentation guidelines recongizes Eyes as an organ system as well as Ears, Nose, Mouth and Throat as an organ system,so I would count it as 2.
The documentation guidelines also state that "negative" is sufficient to document normal finding related to unaffected area(s) or asymptomatic organ systems(s).
The documentation guidelines can be found in the Physicians guide to Medicare. I saved it to my H drive- much easier than trying to navigate back to it!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join