AAPC - Back to school

Thread: E&M for Prescription renewal w/unplan Toradol

Question E&M for Prescription renewal w/unplan Toradol

AAPC: Back to School
    Looking for some opinions, as the more I think about this the more I confuse myself.....

We have several pts coming in on a monthly basis for evaluation & renewal of their narcotics...occassionally they are complaining about increased pain in the body area for which the prescription was written, and it is decided to administer a Toradol Inj for relief....

Can we append the 25 modifier to the E&M?? At first I thought we could as the injection was an afterthought and not what we were seeing the pt for on the DOS (prescription renewal)...but now I am second guessing myself as it is for the related condition, even though I know you do not need a differing Dx.

Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated to clear my mind...

PSS: I did find other threads related...but still would like opinions. Thanks.
    Last edited by g.fairchild; 02-19-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: PSS

Similar Threads

1. Toradol
    By katbell in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
  2. J3490 & prescription drugs
    By ahight in forum Family Practice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 10:10 AM
  3. Membership renewal...
    By pratap82 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion