I have read to append modifier 25 visits that are unrelated to global ob care. Is there confusion when an E&M is billed to the insurance with a 25 prior to the patient delivering and therefore, the global code not yet being billed?
I also have concerns regarding billing for high risk pregnancies that require more ob visits than the usual. Do most office wait until the patient has delivered to count the total number of visit, to bill additional E&Ms on those complicated visits outside the normal global visits? Are these also appended with 25 or 24?
Much help is appreciated!:confused
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join