It all depends on whether the MD felt as if he were just completing the portal evaluation, or if he had done a basic exam and now was further imaging another area. As flow is away from the splenic hilum, he may not have seen this area at all during the initial portogram, in which case I would not additionally code. If he did get contrast in this area and was suspicious of some varices, then imaged after the catheter movement to re-evaluate this possibility, I would add 75774 with 75885. The SMV is a separate branch that would be coded with 75774 as there is no other appropriate code for this area and it is an additional selective branch evaluated after the basic portal.
Hope this helps..
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join