We bill this to Humana alot, and have never had a problem. I would appeal and explain that X number of drugs are being tested for and that this is a covered procedure by Medicare (your specific MCR carrier). I would also give them how much Medicare's fee schedule is per drug being tested, probably about $19.00 or so each. Also explain this is in addition to the E/M and both are billable and payable. Are you checking your units on the claim for the 80101 QW and also bill the office visit without a modifier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join