Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

1. Default CPC Exam
    Exam Training Packages
    I passed the exam on the first try over a year ago and am still looking for a job. Prospective employers seem to be impressed with my credentials until they find out I"m a CPC-A. Afterwards, they explain that although they are impressed with my qualifications, they are looking for someone with experience.

I'm very frustrated and wonder if I just spent all the money, time and effort into this for nothing!

Default Medical Coding Student
    I also have concerns about when I become a CPC-A. Have you had any luck wth people responding to your questions?

3. Default
    I passed on the first try, working the full 6 hours 40 minutes. A number of the testers in my group took breaks (I didn't) which ate into their available test time. My proctors told me that 5 out of 14 of us passed. Not all of us were there for a first attempt at the CPC, though - several were there taking other certification exams. Best of luck to you. I fretted for a week, convinced that I'd failed, and got an 84.

4. Default
    I passed on my first try 2 years ago with coding education & hardwork i put within..I was too scared of the results that time....No worries...Best of luck..

I passed the CPC on the first try back in March of 2008. I do not know what my score was as they didn't tell us then. You only got told your score if you failed.
    I sat for my CIRCC yesterday and I will say that there was a world of difference between those two exams. I did not find the CPC to be a very difficult exam but the CIRCC was an extremely difficult exam.
    I hope I passed because I don't kmow if I could put myself through that again.
    A. McCormick, CPC, CGSC
    Walters Surgical Associates

Smile Passed the first time!
    I did pass the first time, but was not confident about it. It was very hard! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

7. Default
    I passed the first time - scored 88%. I didn't find the exam particularly difficult, apart from the length. The most important thing is to be prepared; take a review course, and work a few practice exams (while timing yourself) prior to taking the real thing.

FYI: I'm a newbie to the business in pursuit of a career change from the corporate world.

8. Default
    hi, I took a 80 hour course and that was all the experience i had. I passed the first time but didnt think i did , my score wasnt as high as i would have wanted (79) but i passed and that is what mattered. I only had to wait a week so hopefully your results wont take as long. I did get the practice test and only did half the problems because i felt confident. The main concern i had was time and i did have to guess on the last few. If you did fail at least you know the way the test is set up and will be more prepared next time but good luck with the results and GOOD LUCK finding a job, i still havent find one and i passsed in Sept....

Wink
    Just took it for the 2nd time last Saturday awaiting results. I don't think the exam is a piece of cake. I am praying right along with you.

Thumbs up Perfect Formula
    Quote Originally Posted by mprfrosty185 View Post
    I passed the first time - scored 88%. I didn't find the exam particularly difficult, apart from the length. The most important thing is to be prepared; take a review course, and work a few practice exams (while timing yourself) prior to taking the real thing.
    That is the perfect formula - prepare, review class, practice exams. Good advice.