AAPC - Back to school
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

AAPC: Back to School
    I passed the first time, and I didn't think it was easy. There were about 15 of us that took the test and only half passed. Good Luck!

Johnson City TN

Default !st Time CPC Exam passers

I, too, passed on the first try. It was very nerve racking. Left the test with a neck ache from holding my head down.

It was great to have it over & done with, but sweet to hear I passed. Now comes the fun part of trying to find a job, even with medical experience.

Beth Williams, CMA CPC-A

I passed the exam on the 1st try also 6 yrs ago. I took the 80 hr PMCC course prior to taking the exam. I had no previous Coding experience. Prayer, reviewing the material from the class each week while I was taking the class and taking good notes helped me tremendously. I didn't take any breaks. I had to wait about 6wks for my results, but it was well worth the wait. I think the biggest thing is managing your time. It felt like once it hit the final hour, time just started to fly. Best of luck to you!!

Default passed mine on first go

Much to my own shock I passed my CPC test on the first try. Bad part was I was heading out on a family vacation for the following week. Luckily, the family that I was visiting let me use their computer and was able to find out that I had passed the test about a week after I had taken it. Hang in there, hope you find out soon!!

Tam CPC-A/Claims anaylst

I took the test back in Dec of 2007 and passed the first time. It all depends on if you studied by yourself or took one of the many courses that are offered to help you study. I took one of the courses, and it helped wonders. I also had a little over two years of experience in coding at a level 1 hospital.

Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I passed on the first try, Friday, November 19, 2010. I was so nervous and thought I failed. I noticed congratulations when I logged into AAPC this morning.

Passed my -CPC-H first try! now, need a job!

I took my test on 11/20/10 and passed on my first try!!

Newport News, VA

Wink the waiting game

I passed the first time. The test time we had was 5 hours. It took me 4 1/2 hours. I was totally exhausted afterwards. I felt that I had nothing else to give. I went home and took a two hour nap. Of course I prayed that I would pass. I tried not to think about it and felt what is done is done. There was no "what if" thoughts. I watched the mail every day with anticipation. This is before you could go on line to get your results. One day it finally came in a large white envelope. I didn't notice the credential beside my name on the address label until after I opened my letter. I was so overjoyed I was on cloud 9 for 2 weeks. We went out to eat to celebrate. I have loved everyday of coding since. That was 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 12-09-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: additional information added.

i passed my first time, i had no issue with time, it was mostly the modifiers. 70% it took me 5 hrs