AAPC - Back to school
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

AAPC: Back to School
    Delta Girl
    I passed the first time with a 86% and had an hour left when I got done with the exam. Goodluck to you. Brian Hazel CPC-A

I passed the first time as well and I had no previous medical experience whatsoever. It just depends on how you take the test.....I did everything I knew first and then I went to the answers first and did process of elimination.....best of luck to u tho!

Wilmington NC

I passed on the first try. The worst part of it for me was sitting for 5+ hours. It was very stressful, both mentally and physically. Out of the seven students I studied with who were taking the test, no one else passed on the first try. Most of them did not finish in time. I'm not sure how many of them went back and took it again.
    I would advise you to take a section at a time since they're all grouped together(example: Cardiology questions). Work the easiest questions in that section first, and continue on from there until you complete each question in a section, working easiest to hardest. I think that really helped with my time. If you absolutely don't know the answer to something in the section, go back to it at the very end. Don't continue to work on a very difficult question because time is of the essence in this test.

I passed the 2nd time around BUT I learned alot more during my studying process about modifiers that I didn't know the 1st time around. I increased my speed and other lil tips to improve my chances and it worked! Don't get too hung up on if you passed the 1st or 2nd, 3rd, 4th time around because once you've pass you are officially a CPC or CPC-A, or CCS-P and we all went through something to get there and the opportunities will flow your way equally as those that passed it the 1st time around.

Greater Pittsburgh Chapter

I passed the first time but thought it was VERY hard and went home thinkning that I didn't pass it. As for the CEMC I passed it as well but thought it was very easy compared to the CPC. You probably did better than you think you did. But lets say you didn't pass it. You get one free re-take and you'll be better prepared the next time. I'd tell you good luck but I don't think you'll need it.

Huntington WV

I passed the first time

Passed the first try. Took a bootcamp just before. I t sure helped. Exam was sure exhausting.

Houma, La.

I took the CPC exam 6/07 and passed the first time. I then took the CCS exam 5/10 and also passed it the first time. I just studied all the information I could get my hands on.

Sally Thibodeaux CCS,CPC,LPN
    Houma,La. Chapter

Default cpc test

I passed the first time It was a lot of hard work and help from my friends quizzing each other and taking practice test. I just started working in this doctor office I was wondering can you bill 99381: with a 99221-25 :

I just took my CPC exam on yesterday and I haven't a clue of how I did because I didn't have any feelings of anxiety one way or the other. I pray I passed.