Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

Medical Coding Books
    I passed first attempt, but it is NOT easy and time is a major factor. Most of the people taking it with me were on their second attempt. I spent a couple of months preparing for it, even though I had worked in coding and billing for several years. Glad I did.

Smile Cpc
    I passed the first time, but I was very prepared. I did not think the test was easy by any means, but I did well on it. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. If you don't pass the first time, do not give up. Register immediately to retake it.

Default re:cpc exam
    I passed the first time. I was a nervous wreck waiting for the results. When you get them, remember that the score is percentage. So if you get a 72, that is actually very good. It is very frustrating waiting for the results. It took the full 2 weeks for mine. I'm sure you did better than you think. Out of 11 of use, 5 passed. I really feel that several of the others didn't take the classes seriously enough and would have done better if they had. Good luck!

I passed the first attempt. I was a wreck afterwards and the waiting was hard. Not quite a week & the results were posted to the AAPC website. Now trying to find a Coding job is the hard part.

5. Default CPC exam
    I took my test Saturday & today I found out that I didnt pass ... My question would be for those who did pass what is the key to passing everyone telling me time,, If any one has any suggestions on this I would greatly appreicate it ..

Thumbs up CPC Exam
    I pasted the first time but it wasn't easy for me at all. I had taken a CPC exam prep class one day a week for 15 weeks. I had worked as a claims rep for about 7 years so it was hard to get the reimbursement thinking out of my head Being timed was the worst part for me! I know I shook for the first 30 minutes before I could calm down enough to think. That was the fastest 5 hours and 40 minutes of my life. It only took 6 days for my results to be posted on the website and that was the longest 6 days of my life! That's when I cried cause I was SOOOO relieved. I'll say a prayer for you!

7. Default
    I passed it on my first try with a score of 75%. I finished right as time expired, with a couple of quick guesses as the proctor was taking up the exams.

I had taken a class in coding at a local junior college. The teacher had given us a 150 question practice test. i spent Wednesday before the test taking it and timing myself. I failed that test. I spent all day Thursday going over every question, reading the rationale she had included expaling the answers. On Friday I spent the day goign over every question I missed. That was my entire studying i did for the test. I never took any special class just for the test or anything like that. As far as I know, just one other person from my class has passed the test so far.

Now, where do i find a company hiring eager but inexperienced coders?
    Last edited by georgewatson; 06-03-2011 at 11:43 AM.

8. Smile Taken the CPC exam
    I passed it on the 1st try, use all the time they give you. I just took the test on the 28th of May

I passed on the first try on May 27, 2011 but I wouldn't say it "was a piece of cake". I have no experience and am now trying to find a job in the medical coding field. Any suggestions?

I didn't pass the first time but I think it was because I ran out of time. When I started the exam I was very careful to read everything. Then before I knew it I was out of time. The second time I started at the back of the exam and completed all the easy stuff (for me) and then worked my way through the cases. I also finished early the second time. Before I took my exams I had been told it was not uncommon to fail the first time. So glad they give you two attempts.