Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

Exam Training Packages
    I just took the exam on the 16th of this month and I passed the first time with an 82%. I graduated with an Associates Degree focusing on medical billing and coding in February and I purchased the CPC study guide and three practice tests along with another mock exam. Time was an issue for me, but I passed. Good Luck I hope you pass too!

I passed the first time out but was shocked when I did! I had taken a course 3 years prior to taking the test and felt I didn't learn very much in the course so I waited. I studied up on it for 6 months straight before going to take the test. I found the test to be difficult but probably because I had little to no experience going in. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! If you don't pass it the first time don't fret, it means you will do so much better the 2nd time around since you know what to expect.

3. Default
    I passed on the first attempt with about 45 minutes to spare. It made me think I had missed something I had gone to a coding bootcamp for a week, which I think helped to prepare me for the exam. Good luck.

Default 2 nd time
    I didn't pass the first time. Had not test prep and had not taken any coding classes in over a year. My coding experience was in a niche market as well. The first time I took it I ran out of time because I read everything. The second time I started on the easy stuff for me and actually worked the exam backwards. Had 15 mins. to spare. The PMCC program is one of the best preps. In fact I give my students three mock CPC exams before they finish their course. Test prep is half the battle.
    Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC
    Educational Director, CCO.us,
    Have a Passion for Coding

I passed first time but there was three in our class that didn't pass

6. Default
    I passed on the first try...

Melinda J CPC

7. Talking Passed the test the first try!
    I took it about 5 years ago, when the time was still 5 hours. I worked in an office for 12 yrs., left the medical field for 5 years and decided to try to get my CPC certification. I took the test, sweating bullets for 3 wks and got my exciting letter saying I passed.

Take a deep breath and relax.......you'll do fine.

Any one have any experience working as an Independent Contractor with The Coding Network..............I just took their Surgical Pathology coding test and passed and they are eager for me to start......I was wondering if they are a good company and if the salaries they suggest I would be making is in fact true.......thanks in advance for the insight.

Thumbs up Congratulations!!!
    That's GREAT!

Default Not me
    I didn't pass the first time but I was doing a very niche coding (home health) and had not taken but one mock exam. I ran out of time on the exam. The second time I had not trouble. I did what I new best first which happened to be the end of the exam and worked my way forward. I had time to spare and got a decent grade.

Some do and some don't. There are so many reason. What I hear though a lot is if you take mock exams and have a good coding course it makes a world of difference.
    Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC
    Educational Director, CCO.us,
    Have a Passion for Coding

10. Default
    Just once with no experience in the medical field..... just studied really hard!
    SHARON M. THOMAS DOOLEY, CPC