AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

York, Pa

AAPC: Back to School
    I passed on my 1st try back in 2004. I agree with the person who said experience and prep do make a difference. I was a biller when I took the ISP thru AAPC I had never coded a surgery prior to taking the study program and then sitting for the test.

I took the CEMC last summer and passed on the 1st try as well. One of my biggest issues/weakness is that I have a reading comprehension issue I didn't think I'd finish the CEMC with those long notes that I had to read atleast twice! But I did it and well worth it.

I am wishing you the best on your test!
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Quote Originally Posted by twtcpc View Post
    I passed the first time, but had taken a PMCC course and had 8 years of experience beforehand.

It was not a piece of cake and I was a nervous wreck the 3 weeks it took to get the results online. I actually left the exam and cried all the way home because I was so scared that I had not passed it.
    THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna make it! I'll lose it before then. I've been checking this website multiple times a day and I just took the test. I know it's not coming yet, I just can't help it.
    Is three weeks the standard amount of time it takes to receive the results?
    This is going to be a tough wait.

Athens, Ga.

I passed the first time (back in 2005). I took a prep class that lasted 8 hours every Saturday for a few months beforehand. I had no prior experience in billing or coding. Time was definitely an issue, but I managed to finish the exam with some time to spare. If I remember correctly, it did take a few weeks to learn whether I passed or not..

Good Luck to you!!!
    Walker Bachman, CPC, CPPM

Grand Rapids Michigan

I passed the first time. I took a 10 week prep course, and just studied the guidelines and reviewed my medical terminology book and took the practice exam offered. The advice I was given, was use your first decision, do not spend to much time on one question, and start in the area where you are the most comfortable. Hope you here soon. Best wishes to you!!

Diana Overweg, CPC-A

I took a 16 week prep course while working full-time and taking another computer course and I passed the first time. The key is not to panic, but to clearly read the question and the CPT code descriptions. Don't take too much time on one question and get bogged down and just keep plugging away.
    Last edited by kimmak; 02-23-2010 at 01:19 PM.

I have no experience in the field. I passed on my first try in January 2010.

Default CPC exam

I passed the first time.

I passed the first try (back in 2006) without any PMCC or ISP, just 8 yrs experience & studying the books. I also did not think the exam was a piece of cake & felt quite brain dead after I finished. Time was tight so I ended up having to make educated guesses on my last few questions. I got my results within about 2 weeks but that was before they would post them on the website. Hopefully you will know much sooner!

Good luck!

Jennifer, CPC

Omaha, Nebraska

I was wondering for those that took the PMCC training .. what training is that? I passed the exam the 1st time as well - and didn't think it was too difficult - but by that time I had nearly 25 years of experience in billing and insurance. I had purchased a self study course from an advertisement in the CPT manual. Wondering if that was the PMCC?? Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine!
    Carolyn Kohler, CPC
    Omaha, NE

I Passed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!