AAPC - Back to school
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

AAPC: Back to School
    I also passed the 1st time, took the PMCC course, had some coding experience.

I left the exam totally convinced that I did not pass...what a shock when I learned I did!

Marion, Ohio

Thumbs up

I passed first time this past July, It took about 6-7 days to get the results online. Good Luck

I took it on the 15th and did pass the first time. Most in my class did. Hang in there

Unhappy exam

I am a retired nurse with 35 years. It took me me 5 trys.This was the hardest exam that I ever took

I haven't gotten my results yet, but I'm pretty sure I've failed

But I don't have any experience & altho I took over a year's worth of classes @ a local college, I would've probably been better off taking it through here.

My biggest weakness was speed.

Default Follow-on question

How many pass the first attempt who have no on-the-job experience? I think that is the key here. I believe that is where the speed comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgibson View Post
    Has anyone done the CPC Boot-Camp from www.cert.com? Is this company affiliated with the AAPC? I called AAPC and they said they highly recommend the boot-camps from cert.com. I would like to know if it's worth the money to take this boot camp to prepare for the CPC. Also, is there are CPC certification review book that you would recommend for extra review before taking the test?
    www.cert.com takes me to Yeah.com. Can you elaborate on the correct website. Is it certification.com maybe? Thanks

Default Exam results

I passed the exam on the first try. I had no work experience. I took a 4 month course, and took the exam 2 1/2 months later. It was hard, and I took the entire test period to finish.

Default CPC exam

I passed the first time, had 18 minutes to spare. Hardest test I have ever taken, but made an 80 on the test. It comes down to pace and not being a clock watcher, that's a killer. Certified on 12/17/2010 and still looking for a job, but not giving up, I think I'm getting closer. The key on job seeking is NETWORKING !!! For all that have tried and failed the first time don't give up you get the second time for free, go back and study your books and quizzes, and try not to stress. GOOD LUCK !!!
    Last edited by LDAILEY; 09-13-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Smile Had no experience

Unlike most of the others, I did not pass the exam first time around. I did not have ANY experience coding. I left a 28 year career in banking, took courses through New Horizons Learning center and took the exam. My sister did pass the first time but I did not watch the time and ran out of it before I was done. I took the first exam in Ft. Wayne. The second time I took it at the Guion Rd. facility and it was so much better! I was prepared and they kept you posted as to how much time you had left. I also passed the hospital exam first try around. Due to no experience it did take me over 2 years to get a coding position but I love it now! Good luck and think POSITIVE!!!!