AAPC - Back to school
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

Kachina Coders

AAPC: Back to School
    First time no problem... but as previously stated prep and experience are huge factors! I was just out of a billing/coding course and had 6 months of in the field experience before I sat for mine.

HI,I did not pass the first time. I got a 69. i am retaking the test this Saturday. I do not work in a medical office. I have a Medical Business Associates, and did a two month externship in a medical clinic. I have taken many online practice exams, and took a six month coding class taught by a certified coding instructor. Hopefully I'll pass the second time!!

Default good luck!

Hi!!! I hope you pass. Good luck!!!

I passed the first time. Wasn't hard at all. But then again, I had been coding for over 10 years.
    Wishing you the best!!

Palm Beach Florida

Just received my results....passed first time with 87%! I had gotten a 4.0 at a technical school which was completed in Jan 2011, and currently work as an assistant biller in a Cardiology practice. Sooo excited to have passed!
    Last edited by Sarah217; 09-21-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Smile Pass CPC exam first try YAY!!!

I'm glad I was able to pass the CPC exam the first try.... I hope to hear the same from others ... please reply and share your thoughts.

I took the test last Saturday too. They told us 5 to 7 days for the results.

I passed the first time. I was nervous, but I had no problem with it. Plus I had no experience and had a higher score than the ones that did have experience. So just be patient and I bet that you did okay.

Pensacola, Fl

Default 1st time.

But I had two years experiance. At least you now get more time and can get your results online. When I took my CPC we only had 5 hrs and you had to wait for 6 wks via snail mail to get your results! (Okay so maybe I'm a little jealous over the changes.. .LOL) Good luck!

Red face Passed

Quote Originally Posted by deltagirl View Post
    I took the CPC exam this past Saturday and now starts the LONG waiting process. I have no idea how I did on this test and I started to wonder. How many coders pass the test the first try; I've heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-45%. That's scary. So tell me... how many times did it take you to pass.
    I passed the first time. All the way home I couldn't help but think I didn't pass and would have to do it all over again, but I did and with a good solid score. Now the hardest part is being able to use the knowledge we've gained by finding employment. Good Luck - Keep your chin up, even if you don't, think positive, it was good practice.