Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

1. Default Hello
    Exam Training Packages
    I found out yesterday that I passed yesterday with 76% on my first attempt. It is a draining exam and I only had 13 minutes left when I finished. I didn't get the score I wanted, but I passed. I know this is the start and am confident things will grow from here.

Larry Lucas, CPC-A

2. Default Speed
    Quote Originally Posted by gmuslimani View Post
    How many pass the first attempt who have no on-the-job experience? I think that is the key here. I believe that is where the speed comes in.
    I had no expeience in the field and had 13 minutes left when I finished. It is extremely hard, but if you pace yourself, you can do it.

Talking CPC Exam
    Took CPC Exam for the first time September 2011.. Just found out I passed. Very hard exam.. Studied... Took Humana boot camp twice.. Purchased two study courses and AAPC practice exams. Well I guess all that prep worked for me.. Also did research on how to take the exam. When I got to my weakest subject (pathology) I skipped it and worked through the end so I could time myself.. Had time to spare. I am so very excited.:

4. Default
    I passed on the first time.

I passed on the first try.

I passed on the first try, June 2011. I had about a year coding experience and I did take the online course before my exam, as I had no formal training before that. I agree that pace is important. I finished with about 40 minutes left. Don't freak yourself out, just take your time and skip ones you don't know and go back to them later.

7. Default
    I passed on the first try too...but have a question. Many of you are posting your actual score? Where do you get that? When I login online, I only get a score of PASS -- but not a %. Do you get something mailed to you that gives you your actual score? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by herhart View Post
    I passed on the first try too...but have a question. Many of you are posting your actual score? Where do you get that? When I login online, I only get a score of PASS -- but not a %. Do you get something mailed to you that gives you your actual score? Thanks in advance.
    Under PASS you should see (in blue) "view score" click on that and you should get your result. If not, when your certificate comes in the mail, it will tell you also.

I passed on the first try just recently. I sat for the exam on Saturday and got my result on Thursday. Less than a week.
    Tiger, CPC, CEMC, CPMA

10. Talking
    I passed on the first try, but I had experience. The AAPC online practice tests were a GREAT help!