AAPC - Back to school
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

AAPC: Back to School
    Can you tell me a little more about this "Huaman Boot Camp"? Please.
    I am taking the exam in 4 weeks. I appreciate any help / advice you can
    offer me.

Default Taking CPC exam Nov. 19th.

I'm currently studying for the CPC exam I'm taking in Nov. 19th. It's good to hear that many people here have passed it the first time around. That helps me to feel less nervous about it.

I also took the exam on Saturday and I feel like i am on pins and needles waiting for these results. The time was getting to me and I started to panic towards the end. Praying for passing grades for you and me. Best of luck.

Richardson, TX

Passed the first time although I didn't get a % grade so I'm not sure of how 'well' I did. I'd like to get my CCS too. So many jobs are requiring it, IMO
    Julie Graham, BA, CPC, CCC

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah217 View Post
    Under PASS you should see (in blue) "view score" click on that and you should get your result. If not, when your certificate comes in the mail, it will tell you also.
    Hmmm...I don't seem to have that option. I guess I'll just have to wait for the certificate in the mail. Anyone know about how long that usually takes to get? Thanks!

I passed the first time and boy was I HAPPY. Good Luck....I hope you get great results.

Default Icd9 2012

What is the 2011 icd9 code for 1736 if any,we got several rejections from our new clearing house stated this is a new 2012 icd9 code we should be using.

Default Sorry out of context

I did pass mine the first time also, i dont know how to use this very well yet and i needed this question answered, our dr has not purchased the new coding books for the year yet, we told him two mos ago we needed them to get ready for the new year, and his reply was he gets them from the ama well we are still waiting and now we are getting rejections from our clearing house.

I passed my CPC the first time in 2006 and we only had 5 hours to complete it then and had to wait 4-6 weeks for our results. That was the longest time of my life! But I can say that what helped for me was 1. I chewed gum, so have a supply with you. Believe it or not it helps you to concentrate. 2. Study a few days before the exam but NOT the day before. You will only stress yourself out. 3. Get the CPC study guide and go over it and do the problems in it. It will actually help you to get ready and time yourself! Good Luck!
    Kimberely K. Graham, CPC, CPC-H

Newport News, VA

Smile taking CPC test for first time

I will not lie and say the test was easy. I fininshed 30 minutes before the time was up, then went back over any unanswered questions to complete. I kept whispering not to second guess myself. I forced myself to leave the original answers I decided upon. When I got home I was so physicallly exhausted and drained that I left my books in the trunk all weekend. I went home and slept and said what is done is done. I had no more to give. A few weeks later I recieved a rather large envelope in the mail (before the days you could use computer). I was so nervous opening it, that I didn't see CPC-A beside my name on the address on the outside. Later someone else pointed this out to me. I have been coding ever since and absolutely love it.
    Eagle Eye