AAPC - Back to school
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

San Diego, California

AAPC: Back to School
    It was the hardest exam I've ever taken in my life. I studied very hard for four months and took the practice exam twice. I passed with an 85 on the first try. I have learned more than 10x more about coding in the two years since I took the exam.

Kimberly A. Sherman, MA, CPC
    Multi-Specialty Physician Coder/Entrepreneur

I passed my first time as well though I was a nervous wreck! I went in with the mindset that the retest was free, and had heard from so many that many did not pass their first try, so I figured it was normal and try not to let it get to me...but lets face it we all want to be one of the few who passes the first time! I thought that my test was hard and when I left I really had no clue one way or the other how I did, but low and behold I passed. You probably did too so try not to stress out too much.

Honolulu, HI

I passed the first time...i was 35 weeks pregnant, having contractions every 5 minutes and completed the test in 2 hours and 45 minutes. Results came out for my test cycle the Thursday after I took the exam. (AAPC must have been on a roll that week)

In 2006 was when I took the CPC exam and passed it the first time. We only had 5 hours to complete it, now I think they give you 5.5 hours. Then in 2009 I took the CPC-H exam and didn't study and failed it and I was devasted but I didn't study either so I put my nose to the books and took it a month later and passed with an 86. So it is hard and even now I work for a large facility and learn something new everyday and ask questions everyday. Coding isn't a piece of cake but it's rewarding.
    Kimberely K. Graham, CPC, CPC-H

I passed on the very first try, and had no experience. Start checking the website in about a week - I believe my results were posted 8 or 9 days after I took the exam.

Good luck!!!

I passed the first time.

I took the exam for the first time last Saturday as well. I had no prior coding experience and took the online course. I ran out of time on the test.......found out my results and I PASSED!!

I was able to pass the first time. It was a lot of long nights but it was worth it. Good Luck

i know how you feel, it so hard getting a coding job. i have years of billing and claims experience and still have been unable to land my coding job but I will keep trying. best of luck to you.

Default Hello

Those of you who have yrs of exp and still not able to find a coding job..well have you guys tried coding online from home?There are coding job agencies where you work from home and they are always looking for at least 3yrs + experience.You need to NOT just look for work 'Out there' but within your own computer online.
    My plan is to pass the coding exam...try to get a job as a coder 'out there' BUT I will also apply for 1 or 2 agencies to try to work from home. This is something that I have been striving for for over 7yrs now...one obstacle after the next BUT coding is my career choice and will NOT be just a job to me.Never give up on your goals!!