AAPC - Back to school
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

Cincinnati, OH

AAPC: Back to School
    Quote Originally Posted by deltagirl View Post
    I took the CPC exam this past Saturday and now starts the LONG waiting process. I have no idea how I did on this test and I started to wonder. How many coders pass the test the first try; I've heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-45%. That's scary. So tell me... how many times did it take you to pass.
    I passed the exam on the first try. I took the AAPC CPC Exam Review workshop that I found to be very beneficial.

I did not pass my exam on the first try. I was not feeling to well so my mind was not focused.... when I took the exam the 2nd time i passed with no problem. I am now preparing for my COSC exam, I will be taking it in June of 2012.

Talking i passed the first time

the test is def hard. i passed the first time.

I passed the first time I took the exam but I was a mess the whole time up until I received the results. My results were available about a week later. good luck if you finished you should be good most people don't pass because thay run out of time.

Default CPC Exam

I passed the first time. You can go on AAPC's website where it says verify credentials and type in your name and if you passed your name with a CPC behind it will be there. It takes less than 2 weeks to get the results that way.

I passed it the first time in July 2009. I graduated with an Associate of Science in Billing and Coding in March of 2008. My friend also took it last Saturday and found out her results this past Friday.
    Susan C. Hillard, CPC

Default I passed the first try...

Quote Originally Posted by jnwhite80 View Post
    I passed the exam on the first try. I took the AAPC CPC Exam Review workshop that I found to be very beneficial.
    I took the exam Sat 3/24 and just found out this morning that I passed. With 80%. I must admit that I too was a nervous wreck waiting on the results but was soo happy to learn I bad passed. I did have over ten years in coding but wasn't use to the CPT or HCPCS books since I only used the ICd-9 for my job duties. I highly recommend Lauren's video Blitz video series if you have some Medical Terminology experience, Good Luck to all..,,You can do it!!

I took the test on 3/10/12, and I passed first time too. I was very nervous that I wouldn't pass because the test was VERY difficult for me. I had purchased Carol Buck's CPC exam review book which came with a practice test that I found to be extremely helpful. The AAPC study guide was very helpful too. I highly recommend using the current years coding books too, and it helped me to tab my books thoroughly so I could find codes/guidelines/modifiers quickly. I also used a kitchen timer when I was taking the test that counted backwards from 5 hr and 40 min so I could keep track of my pace and exactly how much time I had left.

Default Passed first try

I just took my test last saturday and I passed on the first try! I didnt use any of the practice tests, I just made sure I knew all of my guidelines. Good luck to those who are about to take their test. I say study and pray

LaTasha Flowers, CPC

Default Cpc

Just 1!