AAPC - Back to school
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

AAPC: Back to School
    I passed the first time, don't know my score they didn't give them out when I took it. I did have 9 years of experience before taking it. It most certainly was NOT a piece of cake. When I finished my husband was waiting for me and I said "lets go get a drink!!" I would not want to take that again. I do know of someone that did not pass it her first time and did not take it again. She is no longer working in the medical field. I wish you luck...the wait does suck.

I passed first try.

Wow, i'm not sure how ya guys passed the test on the first try. I took it for the 2nd time and failed... again. I'm gonna reschedule but i'm not sure what else to do. I keep buyin all the practice exams and even spent 70 bucks on the study guide.. Not sure what more to do. my total was 66%. I seemed to bomb on E/M 20% and HCPCS 20% and outta the 10000 serios got 50%. I'm not good at timed tests so I think its kickin my butt pretty good.

guess I'll keep takin it till i pass or go broke in the process.lol

I passed on the first try. I went to a technical school in order to get trainin (and in debt,haha) thinking that I had to do that in order to even take the test, but when I realized that with studying the actual books you could pass with alot of will power I was a little discouraged (not my point) anywho. I studied and studied and studied and took the practice exam over and over. I noticed that my scores were getting worse and worse with the practice exam, so I decided not to study for the two weeks leading up to the exam, and brush up the day (not morning of) before I took the test. And when I got there I had to relax myself too. Maybe that's all you need, just to relax, and have confidence that you know exactly what you are doing... Hope this helps..

I passed 1st try also..

I've taken it twice and each time missed it by one point. So, I plan to take it again in August or September. I felt so depleated from the test and then when I didn't past it twice, I just gave myself a little talk and sucked it up and started looking for sites that will help me pass the test.

I pass on my first try but it was very hard and I guessed on 30 I think that how many was in the little sections. And it only gets worse I took my test last july and I got a job doing surgery coding I do ENT, Plastics and Trauma that is the hard part its nothing like the test.

I passed first time, but I think a lot of it has to do with your instructor (if you took a coding class). I have heard about instructors who have low passing rates from their students, but my instructor was wonderul.

It took my two tries to pass the CPC exam...as I was not a coder when I took the exam the first time.

This past Saturday I took the CPC-H exam...i love to punish myself....not sure what test I will take next...

I passed the first time. I also passed the RCC on my first try.
    I don't know why AAPC does not recognize radiology as a specialty.