AAPC - Back to school
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

AAPC: Back to School
    I passed on the second try. I just finished an on-line coding course. I bought only one practice exam. I had the knowledge, but was not prepared for the speed in which I needed in order to finish. Anyway, I was way too slow. So before I re-took the test, I bought the other two practice exams and took them over (and over) with a timer on. I just passed with 77%. Yay!

I passed the first time with 1 year experience. I went chapter by chapter with a PMCC instructor at work.

Indianapolis, In

Default passed on first try, AND have been out of the workforce for 20 years!

If I can do it, anyone can do it. I passed the CPC exam on my first try and got an 86%. I've been a stay at home mom for the last 20 years. Prior to that I worked for BCBS for 10 years. I reviewed the study guide, purchased certification blitz DVD's, purchased some AAPC practice tests, and practiced the timing. The actual exam test was hard but all of my efforts paid off. I guarantee, if you do exactly what I did, you can pass on the first try,too.

The only thing I'm worried about now is the letter A-behind my CPC.
    Last edited by TjH111964; 05-24-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Monroe Master Coders

I passed my CPC and CPC-P the 1st time. But I have 10 years experience in billing/coding.

I also passed the first time, but did all practice tests first. The time factor was an issue for me. Went to my easiest areas first, then did more difficult and finished (barely) in the allotted time. There were several others at the test that were there for a second time.

Thumbs up Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

Congratulations on taking the exam - that is a BIG step in itself.

I took it on May 12 and I did pass the first time but I had a lot of tips:

Pace yourself
    Be familiar with anatomy
    If you do not know an answer do not spend a long time on it
    Take a light snack and water
    Peppermint candy is good also
    Pull out what is important in the question and forget the 'fluff'

Marietta, GA

I took the exam this past Saturday and passed with a 78. With about two months of schooling and another four to work up the courage haha. The exam itself was easier than I expected, but I also expected the worst. As long as you put in the work, anyone will do great!

Smile I passed the first time

I studied hard and took many practice exams.

I took the exam 2006. I prepared for about 2 months with a Carol J Buck exam prep CD.
    I did not have any previous experience, however I passed the exam on the first attempt.
    I am sure you will as well.

I passed my exam in very first time with 91%. I didn't go for any training or boot camps. If u can manage the time, u can easily pass the exam.